This chapter explains how to install AxoSyslog on various platforms.
- They’re based on Alpine Linux, instead of Debian testing for reliability and smaller size (thus smaller attack surface).
- They incorporate cloud-native features and settings, such as the Kubernetes source.
- They incorporate container-level optimizations for better performance and improved security. For example, they use an alternative malloc library.
- They support the ARM architecture.
The AxoSyslog images support the following architectures:
Other installation methods
- You can install AxoSyslog on many platforms using the package manager and official repositories of the platform. For a list of third-party packages available for various Linux, UNIX, and other platforms, see syslog-ng Open Source Edition installation packages.
- For instructions on compiling syslog-ng Open Source Edition from the source code, see the GitHub project page.
Last modified December 12, 2023: Reorders the first few chapters (6a35568)